More travel vouchers on offer

THE latest round of the Regional Travel Voucher Scheme opens on Tuesday, giving 50,000 Victorians the chance to secure a $200 ticket to support trips across the state.

Acting Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events Jaala Pulford said the third round of the scheme would build on the success of previous releases, including the most recent when an allocation of 40,000 vouchers was exhausted inside 15 minutes.

The new allocation, to go online at 10am tomorrow, will bring the total number of vouchers released in the regional and metropolitan travel schemes to 200,000, providing a boost to local economies and bolstering employment in tourism and hospitality businesses.

Victorians have made 14,000 claims to date for round two travel and preliminary data shows continued enthusiasm for the state’s coastal regions.

More than 52,000 vouchers were redeemed in the first round of travel in December and January, with visitors to regional Victoria spending an estimated $85 million at an average of $1700 per trip. The average length of stay was five nights.

Underlining the ongoing benefits of the scheme, four out of five visitors said that they would want to return again to the region where they had travelled.

The third round of 50,000 vouchers will be redeemable for travel between April 6 and May 31.

Successful applicants will submit a claim for eligible expenses after their travel, ensuring immediate benefits for tourism and accommodation operators across the state.

To qualify for the scheme, you must be a Victorian resident over the age of 18, and spend at least $400 on paid accommodation, experiences, tours or attractions in regional Victoria.

Vouchers will be limited to one per household for the regional scheme and a minimum two-night stay is required in paid accommodation.

Digital Editions


  • Fencing reviews recommended

    Fencing reviews recommended

    FARMERS affected by the recent bushfires are being encouraged to review their infrastructure layout before re-establishing traditional fencing. For many fire-affected farmers, the rebuilding process…

More News

  • Karly comes home for cancer concert

    Karly comes home for cancer concert

    WENTWORTH singer-songwriter, Karly Jewell, is on her way home to play at the 2026 Concert for Cancer Research at the Wentworth Showgrounds on Saturday, 7 March. Jewell, who has released…

  • Cardross Tragedy, 20 years on – ‘Remembrance must support healing’

    Cardross Tragedy, 20 years on – ‘Remembrance must support healing’

    WEDNESDAY 18 February was the 20 year anniversary of the Cardross Tragedy, an event that left an indelible mark on a small community and Sunraysia at large. The events of…

  • Fine for hindering police

    Fine for hindering police

    A MAN has been fined $750 for refusing to give his name and address to police after being pulled over. The Mildura Magistrates Court heard 30-year-old John Lanumata was driving…

  • Levy ‘a cost-shifting exercise’

    Levy ‘a cost-shifting exercise’

    CONTINUAL cost-shifting onto municipalities is unsustainable and should sit with the responsible body, according to Local Government NSW. During the week the New South Wales State Government announced proposals for…

  • Young Carter gets a lift

    Young Carter gets a lift

    TEN-year-old Carter Hodges and his family no longer have to take two cars if they want to all travel together. Carter was born with cerebral palsy and has a global…

  • Guilty plea for drug trafficking

    Guilty plea for drug trafficking

    A YOUNG woman has pleaded guilty to trafficking drugs of dependence. The Mildura Magistrates Court heard 23-year-old Rory Evans had been in a relationship with a 28-year-old co-accused when police…

  • Airfares inquiry visits Mildura

    Airfares inquiry visits Mildura

    AUSTRALIA’S Productivity Commission calling on the Mildura community to discuss the effects of airfares in organisation’s first regional drop-in event. The Productivity Commission opened its national inquiry in December last…

  • Two months jail for DV pest

    Two months jail for DV pest

    A MAN who was given “one more chance” last year and bailed after facing court for falsely imprisoning a female while on bail, as well as repeated breaches of intervention…

  • Wenty council to fund Ruby repairs

    Wenty council to fund Ruby repairs

    WENTWORTH Shire councillors have agreed to provide a historic paddle steamer with $50,000 maintenance budget to spare the vessel from degradation. In the most recent ordinary meeting, Wentworth Shire Council…

  • Icon artist awarded

    Icon artist awarded

    An Iconic local sign painter and motorcycle enthusiast has received the region’s top artist award. Terry “Moose” McGowan is renowned in the region for designing and painting some of the…