Worker housing ahead of schedule

THE development of 10 homes that’ll seek to provide accommodation for key workers at Irymple is well ahead of schedule.

Six concrete slabs have been poured and some frames have been erected at a new housing allotment on Karadoc Avenue.

Eight three-bedroom homes and two two-bedroom homes are being constructed for professionals and their families by Mildura-based company MCBG Karadoc.

Company director Ben Garraway said things have been progressing really well at the site.

“There’s a hive of activity on site pretty much since we started, we were lucky enough to get a jump start on this project before Christmas,” he said.

“Which has meant we were able to hit the ground running this year and roll straight into frames and roofs and air conditioning and plumbing and electrical.

“Our target date is June 30, 2026, but we’re endeavouring to have this project completed this year as best as we possibly can.”

More than 20 employees and subcontractors were on the site this week as two concrete slabs were poured and windows were installed on an existing frame.

The 10 homes are among a 28 homes that will populate the subdivision.

The contract to create the homes to address workforce gaps was secured last year, as part of the first round of the Victorian Government’s $150 million Regional Workers Accommodation Fund.

Digital Editions


More News

  • Arrest following police pursuit

    Arrest following police pursuit

    A MAN has been arrested following a pursuit in Mildura’s main streets on Monday night. Police alleged a man drove a white utility ute to Deakin Avenue about 8.30pm before…

  • Upgrades planned for remote uni campus

    Upgrades planned for remote uni campus

    A CAMPUS of Federation University in a remote corner of New South Wales is about to get an overhaul. Known as Nanya Research Station, the site lies in the far…

  • Cash rolls in while seat still warm

    Cash rolls in while seat still warm

    MONEY has already started flowing in to the race for the Federal seat of Farrer, with the only currently declared candidate set to receive a major donation from a lobby…

  • Fine for outstanding offending

    Fine for outstanding offending

    A MAN who engaged in “red flag behaviour” has pleaded guilty almost three years after the incident that put him before he courts occurred. The Mildura Magistrates Court heard of…

  • RAAF pilots return to skies

    RAAF pilots return to skies

    ANOTHER chapter in the region’s rich history of training the next generation of Royal Australian Air Force pilots is about to be written in local skies. On Tuesday morning the…

  • SHRCC satisfaction survey opens

    SHRCC satisfaction survey opens

    SWAN Hill Rural City Council officers are encouraging residents and ratepayers to have their say as the annual local government community satisfaction survey gets underway. The survey will be conducted…

  • Further scholarship winners coming

    Further scholarship winners coming

    CHANCES for Children is set to announce recipients in the next round of financial support in the coming weeks following the recent confirmation of the program’s tertiary scholarship winners. The…

  • Ready, Setts, go!: landmark building up for sale

    Ready, Setts, go!: landmark building up for sale

    ONE of Mildura’s landmark buildings is up for sale once more, putting a new notch in its long history in the region. The Mildura Settlers Club building boasts a land…

  • Big nomination for young achiever

    Big nomination for young achiever

    A LOCAL school student has been nominated for a Victorian Young Achiever Award for his all round success in sport, arts, and the community. The annual Young Achiever Awards celebrate…

  • Bail refused over alleged assault

    Bail refused over alleged assault

    A MAN who allegedly abused a woman he’d been dating while she was driving, before hitting her with her own vehicle, and continuing to assault and threaten her while driving…